Looking for some cool hairstyles for men that won’t have you priming in front of the mirror for too long? You’ve come to the right place – read on for our complete guide to some easy to maintain hairstyles for men.
Six Low Maintenance Hairstyles for Men
While we’ve covered just about every type of men’s haircut here the Idle Man, most of them require getting up a bit earlier in the morning to achieve the desired look. We’re well aware there’s a bunch you out there who just aren’t down for a bit of hair TLC each and every morning – totally understandable.
On the other hand, you likely don’t want to go into work sporting some shaggy barnet either. The solution? There’s an abundance of easy men’s haircuts that don’t require too much attention, leaving you a little more lie-in time come 7am.
#1: Classic Taper Haircut
One of the most straightforward men’s short hairstyles out there, a classic taper haircut is defined by its tapered sides graduating up to a marginally longer top. While the length on the top of your head can vary, seeing as this is supposed to b about keeping things low maintenance – we advise you keep things short.
Popularly associated with its military background, a buzzcut is hands-down the most low maintenance men’s haircut you can go for. Depending on how fast your hair grows, this clipper haircut could mean a simple five minute trip to the barbers every six weeks or so, and that’s it. Of course, you can always be smart about things and invest in a pair of clippers for some D.I.Y hairdressing – cost effective and relatively simple!
#3: French Crop
While incredibly easy to maintain, the french crop is one of the most popular short hairstyles for men as it’s both stylish and suited to almost every face shape. Identified by its short tapered sides and defined fringe, the French crop needs nothing more than a quick clipper round the sides and a snip on the fringe to maintain the sharp fringe.
#4: Crew Cut
Another top scorer on our list of easy haircuts for men, the crew cut is defined by the upright hair on the top of the head, graduating from marginally longer at the front to shorter at the back. The length on the back and sides can be varying in length, but we’d recommend keeping things short – in keeping with our goal for the lowest maintenance mens haircut possible.
#5: Taper Fade
While, arguably, this style requires a little more maintenance than the others; it really depends on how long you plan to go on top. As seen below, you can simply sweep the hair on top to the side, or alternatively – work it up into a quiff or pompadour style. That being said, opting for the latter will likely increase your
#6: Short Side Parting
Quick, easy and classic – a short side parting is one of the best haircuts for men with its low maintenance and sartorial versatility. Working just as well for a casual day with friends as it would for a formal dinner, the side parting will require infrequent trips to the barbers and very little day to day styling. Low maintenance at it’s finest.
Low Maintenance Hairstyles for Men
- Classic Taper Cut: Depending on the length, you might not need any work at all. Typically speaking, a little comb over with some gel or wax should do the trick.
- Buzzcut: Nothing, nada – literally not one thing needs to be done with a buzzcut, win!
- French Crop: You may want to add a little clay for a matte, texturized look – but nothing more than a simple run through your hair with hands.
- Crew Cut: A crew cut is, more or less, a buzz cut with a little more hair on top. Similarly, you can add a little pomade or wax on top if desired, but it can work just as well without.
- Taper Fade: While you can opt for a longer length on top, the tapered fade is defined by the tapering of the sides. Pomade or a light gel should be more than suited to adding a little volume on top.
- Short Side Parting: Finally, a short side parting can be tamed with just a little wax and a quick comb through.
On That Note
Most low maintenance hairstyles for men are typically classic, timeless and relatively versatile. While it’s unlikely that you’ll be turning any heads with a standout, trend-led style, you can definitely hold your own by simply by applying a small amount of a good quality hair product to the top section of your hair. With so many low maintenance types of men’s haircuts, you’ll be getting a good 15 minutes extra in bed each morning. Now ain’t that worth it.