After what's been another hectic week in Idle HQ, we've somehow managed to find time to trawl the web looking for news articles to share with you in our new 'What We're Reading This Week' feature.
This week there's everything from outstanding portraits of New Zealand's infamous Mighty Mongrel Mob to an insightful read from Highsnobiety exploring why brands are turning away from traditional advertising and producing unique content to attract their customers instead.
1. Five aquatic adaptations you didn’t know you had via Surfer Mag
"A pretty informative look at 5 different aquatic adaptations us humans probably didn't realise we could make. A nice bit of nerdery" - Jake, Shoot Director.
2. These Stunning Photos of New Zealand's Largest Gang Will Give You Sleepless Nights via Vice
"Some serious looking guys in here, perfect procrastination material." - Luke, Copywriter.
3. How to be the most bangin’ gangster wife via Dazed
"I always finding myself reading stuff like this. This article actually caught my attention as I paused and thought to myself..."be a gangster wifey? why not?" - Bee, Head Stylist.
4. Why Do Today’s Fashion Brands All Want to be Content Creators? via Highsnobiety
"David Hellqvist explores why brands are now focusing more on producing unique content to target their customers as opposed to more traditional advertising techniques" - Greg, Editor.
5. The J.R. Smith Guide to Partying via First We Feast.
"Even if you're not an NBA fan this article from the First We Feast guys about Cleveland Cavalier's J.R. Smith is full of hilarious descriptions of his off-the-court antics. One for when you're bored on the train to work." - Thom, Head Buyer.