Read on to learn how you can recreate this American classic with a healthy, gluten-free twist.
Read more Food & Drink features.
To coincide with Men Make Dinner Day. We've put together a quality Mac n' Cheese recipe using gluten free pasta because... well, who isn't gluten intolerant these days?
We have teamed up with some of the best restaurants, food bloggers and chefs to create a fantastic e-Book filled with amazing recipes from mac and cheese to haute cuisine - so whether you're feeling fancy or like to keep it simple then there is a recipe in this book for you.
Cheesus Loves You
Now as the name goes, I think that this recipe is for the cheese lovers out there. It’s probably best you don’t tell your date how much cheese is in it, so keep that one under your hat and distract them with the gluten-free aspect - thanks to Evexia Thrive. Packed full of flavour and you guessed it, cheese, and you’ll have an amazing meal.
- 400g Evexia Thrive Fusilli
- 25g of Butter
- 25g Plain Flour
- 600ml of Milk
- 230g mature Cheddar, grated
- 90g Monterey Jack Cheese, grated
- 30g Parmesan, grated
- ½ tsp English mustard
- 30g mozzarella, grated
1. Preheat the grill to 220°C/200°C (fan)/gas 7.
2. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta according to the pack instructions, until al dente. Tip into a colander and leave to drain completely.
3. In a heavy-bottomed pan, make the beginnings of the sauce by placing the butter and flour into a pan and mix until combined and slowly add the milk until fully combined, then reduce the heat to low. Add all the cheese except the mozzarella, then the mustard, and stir until melted. Stir in the drained pasta.
4. Transfer the mixture to an ovenproof dish, sprinkle over the mozzarella and place under the grill for 6–8 minutes, or until blistered and bubbling.